The coffee enema detoxifies the liver, as well as cleans the colon. Coffee stimulates the liver to make more bile. Bile, from the gallbladder draws out environmental and metabolic toxins, as well as the very irritating toxins from Candida Albicans and other parasite-like organisms. The colon is the organ responsible for carrying away these toxins. In addition, coffee enemas stimulate the liver to produce enzymes that clean the blood. Coffee enemas also assist the colon to develop better function.
What you need to know about taking coffee enemas for a successful colon cleansing program:
- The coffee you use must be organic. Non-organic coffee is full of herbicides and pesticides. Organic coffee is available through health food stores or over the internet. Do not use instant or decaffeinated coffees. They do not contain the ingredients needed for a successful colon cleansing program.
- Any enema bag or enema bucket is great for taking coffee enemas. Most people find that colon tubes are invaluable. Colon tubes help to deliver the coffee enema higher into the colon where it is able to exert its action most effectively on the liver. Never force a colon tube. Be sure to use a food based lubricant. There are many natural herbal ointments available from health food stores. Also, natural oils such as olive oil can be used.
- How often you take a coffee enema depends on where you are at in your colon cleansing program. Some find that taking a coffee enema as many as 3-7 times a week during the first one to three months of their cleansing program is a key factor in healing. After 3-4 months, it is best to take a coffee enema only when you feel toxic or are having symptoms of constipation or its many related symptoms such as Candida overgrowth.
Taking a Coffee Enema is Easy!
Coffee is best prepared using stainless steel, glass or enamel cookware. Never use aluminum or Teflon cookware. In addition, electric percolators work well for preparing coffee for coffee enemas. If you do not own one of these appliances, the saucepan works just fine. Fill the pan with a quart of filtered water, bring water to a boil and place 4 T of organic coffee in the water. Steep the coffee until the water is at the desired temperature, which is approximately 105-118 degrees Fahrenheit; strain and use. Or you may buy the tea bags used for brewing loose tea leaves and put the coffee in it and leave the top out of the water with the lid on it to hold it while it brews; when done just remove the bag and use. Make sure that you have closed the clamp of your enema bag or bucket before you add the coffee and the water. From the brewed coffee, pour about 1/2 - 1 cup of the coffee into your enema bag/bucket. Into this same enema bag, add 1 quart of filtered water (100-105 degrees). This quantity of coffee to water brings true healing of the body, without the negative effects of coffee. You don't want to "feel" that you took coffee into your body. You may store the rest of the coffee in a glass container in the refrigerator and save for your next coffee enema. Once your enema bag/bucket is full, hang the bag/bucket from a towel rack, showerhead, shower curtain, door knob or IV pole.
Here are some helpful tips:
A special note: After a colon cleansing with a coffee enema, you should expect to feel relaxed and rejuvenated, not "buzzed". If after completing the coffee enema, you feel jittery, shaky, lightheaded, nervous or weak; you will need to decrease the strength of the coffee solution. Please check with your doctor or healthcare practitioner if you have questions about this issue.
- Lie down on your left side on a comfortable spot and insert the colon tube roughly 2-4 inches (after applying the lube of choice). By no means force a colon tube.
- Just remember that it's not necessarily how deep the colon tube goes in but, rather, how deep the water goes in that really counts. This takes time, relaxation and listening to one's own body.
- Open up the clamp and slowly take the water from the enema (the amount you can hold will vary and gets easier with time and practice). You must learn to relax and this will come with time. Hold the coffee enema for at least 5 minutes and up to 20 minutes. You may hold on your left side and then roll to the right (5-10 minutes on each side). Once you have taken the entire solution and have retained it for some time, sit on the toilet and let your colon and your body cleanse. You may repeat another time if you like.
- Be certain to disinfect the bucket, bag and tube with a bit of peroxide and water running through after you are finished and before storing for the next use.
Some final words on colon cleansing and coffee enemas:
I believe that coffee enemas can deplete some minerals from your body when used regularly so I would recommend taking a mineral supplement, liquid ones seem to work well. You may find these at any health food store. DO NOT use this as a means to lose weight, this is dangerous and has been known to result in serious and even fatal results. Coffee enemas have become quite controversial and debatable. Please investigate this further and be sure this is “right for you” and your health.